Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Day In The Life

Well, I'm at a loss for what to talk about. So I've decided to put down whatever comes to mind. Gather round and let me tell you about my standard day.

Wake up, anytime from 6 AM to 9 AM (yes, 6 AM. I wake up then. Sometimes. Rarely, but sometimes.)
Breakfast varies. Anything as simple as toast with Golden Cream (a substance that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike butter), to an odd mix of eggs, okra, onions, garlic, and bora, with just a hint of soy sauce.

(according to martha.stewarts.mega.empire.com, "a hint" is similar to 3 liters)

After breakfast, depending on what time it is, either I do Bible reading, or I have a frenzied attempt at getting ready for service, all the while screaming "AAAAAAAAGGH!!! I'm late!! I'm late!!! I'm supposed to lead out today!! Or maybe tomorrow! But anyway, I'M LATE!!!"

For service, we meet at a location pre-arranged before the previous meeting. Sunday we'll get a list posted on the information board saying "Monday - Gas Station in Village #10. Tuesday - Bacchus Residence. Wednesday - Middle Dam, Bush Lot." So we meet at whatever place, and do door-to-door until noon. We have nothing besides door-to-door territory. You can imagine how hot it gets while we're in service....

After service, I'll typically go on calls I have. If I'm with someone who has a car or motorcycle, we can go all over. But if I'm not with one of them, I take a bus, and therefore have to be much more careful about which calls I go to (so as not to run up a massive transportation bill for the day).

A shot of the buses.

I'll finish up with my calls anytime from 2 in the afternoon to 6. After that, the rest of the day varies. Maybe cooking dinner, maybe cleaning or laundry, maybe reading.... whatever tickles my fancy at the time.
--------------------------

I'd like to apologize for it being a while since updating this. Internet's been down forever.... I also had been working on this particular blog update for a while, when somehow the page reset itself and I lost everything I had been working on.

And I really don't feel like rewriting every bit of it at this moment. So I'll leave it at this for now and give you more later.

3 comments:

  1. Because we all just sit in awed silence.

    :)

    Good post Josh...lemme try to think of a clever question for you.....hmmmmm.....
    Are you planning on visiting Orealla again? Or even Brighton? And if (ahem....when) you do please post about it. 7 months later and I'm still going through withdrawal.

    Also, describe, in detail, how to make a special Guyanese dish (coughdahlpurriandcurrycough)...just anything that comes to mind. :D

    And one more thing: don't forget to stop at the HARD BONE! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really enjoyed seeing those pictures Josh.

    ReplyDelete